Friday, June 14, 2013

Ashland to Sacramento

                
June 10, left China Bend around 6:00 am, that night at the Dalles, OR

June 11, drove from The Dalles to Ashland

We arrived in Ashland Tuesday night after a long day of driving. Our room wasn’t quite ready yet but when it was a shower and a nap was definitely in order, then off to the pub (The Black Sheep) for some food and libations before the play, Cymbeline It was a great play and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The theatre troupes at the Shakespeare Festival do such a wonderful job. It was a bit chilly, though, colder than I had expected. I was glad I had worn my jacket, neck scarf and socks.
                The next day’s drive was not quite as long and I had my turn at driving the California freeways. I took the first shift from Ashland. We got an early start so the traffic was not bad so I actually enjoyed the experience. Driving the freeway is one of the things in life that I have wanted to accomplish and now I have. I still don’t like city driving though, as it makes me anxious.
                We found the Crown Plaza Hotel in Sacramento & checked in early. The problem was that in our room the internet was not working which simply would not do, so we got moved to a different room…..and here we are. It is a suite, actually, with two rooms so that Ari and Mr. Johnson can do the class.
                Sacramento is so big and the area we are at is not that appealing; too much traffic and not much beauty but it is what it is and all part of the job. I am thankful.  Here in this room it is clean, cool, and comfortable. I can read and write freely and it is a great opportunity to get caught up on some writing projects.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment